Monday, April 14, 2008

Salem Pond - International Tourist Attraction?


Yesterday during the afternoon I let Avery lake the 4 wheeler out for a little ride. After a few minutes of her cruising down the road, two Chevy Malibus turned down the road towards the house. The lead car pulled up next to me and an Indian (a guy from India, not a Native American) asked me which way to Salem Pond. I told him to turn around and head straight and he'll run right next to it. As he thanked me I noticed that both of the Malibus were packed full with Asians and Indians.

HUH? When did Salem Pond become an attraction for foreigners? I don't remember seeing a Zagat Guide on Salem. Maybe they were going Carp fishing?

7 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

That is really weird...was there some kind of convention we didn't know about??
Ps. You're my new favorite brother because of the laptop thing! I'm changing Brig's middlename to Scott!!!

Neil said...

It is Internationally known!!!!

I live in Monrovia Liberia and I know about it. I have shown pictures of Salem pond to West Africans in Nigeria, Sierra Leone and now in Liberia.

"I would advise you".....Keep on the look out for West Africans seeking directions.

Joanna said...

MIke said he saw some homemade movie on Hive TV and it was filmed in Spanish Fork and at Salem Pond. How weird?

Hey It's Di said...

That is really funky because we had an India dude with a southern accent in the shop. Are we being secretly invaded?

Is it the Lama fest? What is taking over this place?

Neil said...

Dad said that you only have to go to the Pond on Sunday afternoon and you know that it is at least a tourist attraction to those from south of the border!!! MUM

Lynsey Lou said...

That is where the Prom is going to be held this year. and I am sure more people have drowned in the pond than any other body of water in utah. so who wouldnt want to visit.

Lynsey Lou said...

iThat is where the Prom is going to be held this year. and I am sure more people have drowned in the pond than any other body of water in utah. so who wouldnt want to visit.