Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hiked to the Y


Yesterday I hiked to the "Y" with my young men. It was a combined activity with the young women, but only 2 young women and 2 young women leaders showed up. We only had one of the 2 girls that really wanted to go, so the 2 young women leaders decided not to go (which is against policy to have girls go with boys with no female adult leaders). It just so happens that the young women are in charge of going caroling next month (yes, in July!) All of the young men decided that we will "conveniently" not show up.

We had a fun time anyway. It wasn't too hot and the hike down was harder on my legs than the hike up. I took my HAM radio up with me and made some contacts to new HAMs that were making their first transmissions while I was up there (it was new ham night at the Sheriff's Annex).

3 comments:

Neil said...

The YW missed a great time to be with the guys who could have helped them up the hill. Hiking the Y is a goal every girl should achieve.....Caroling in July however is forgetable......MUM

P.S. Glad you're back!

Joanna said...

I guess Mike was glad he didn't have to hike to the Y....he doesn't really strike me as the loves to go hiking type. Stupid YW not following policy. And stupid caroling in July. Hey, maybe it will be family vacation that week?? Then you'll really have a good excuse for not going!

Hey It's Di said...

Gosh, if they had a really cool YW President like they had before, none of that crap would have happened. And we sure would have had a LOT more than a couple of girls & leaders show up.